You have no items in your shopping cart.
Cleaning and care maintenance is a crucial part of keeping your stainless steel equipment in tip-top shape. Most often, corrosion and rust is a result of the passivity film shield breaking down from scrapes, scratches, water deposits, or chlorides. Take note of these stainless steel care methods to keep rust and corrosion at bay:
1. Use the proper tools
- Non-abrasive tools, like soft cloths and plastic scouring pads
- Stainless steel pads (scrub in direction of polishing marks)
2. Clean with the polish lines or “grain”
- Scrub in a motion parallel to the lines when visible lines are present
- Use a soft cloth or plastic scouring pad when grain cannot be seen
3. Use alkaline, alkaline chlorinated or non-chloride containing cleaners
- Ask your supplier for an alternative if your present cleaner contains chlorides
- Avoid cleaners containing quaternary salts to avoid pitting and rusting
4. Treat your water
- Reduce deposits by softening hard water
- Install filters to remove distasteful and corrosive elements
- Call a treatment specialist to insure proper water treatment
See more cleaning methods at the NAFEM website.