Juice Bar Equipment List
Opening a new juice bar can be an exciting venture. We enjoy working with busy entrepreneurs who are building their dream and our Ceado commercial juicers help their dreams come true. How do you decide what equipment to start with and what type of juicer should a new juice bar purchase? How do you decide when there are lots of brands and styles of juicers on the market today.
Many factors will influence what juicer you purchase for your juice bar. Will you be serving bottled juice, fresh on-demand juice or perhaps a combination of both Many juice bars are offering this model now as it pleases both their busy customers who prefer to grab and go as well as the customers who value fresh juice made in front of the customer and not in the back of house.
Our popular list of juice bar equipment includes a Ceado ES-700, CP150, an SL98 or JM20 Automatic Feed for citrus and a powerful blender such as a Vitamix. Lastly, you will need a specialized juicer cleaner such as our EZ Power Cleaner to keep your juicing equipment clean and lasting longer. Here is a run-down of the basic equipment needed to start your juice bar:
Ceado ES-700 has dual chutes for higher yields and efficient juicing. The juicer is very quiet and will not create an unpleasant atmosphere in your juice bar. It's also a very easy to clean juicer and does not require any tools to take apart to clean, the basket is magnetized and lifts easily. Another helpful feature is you can pour a 1/2 cup of water through the juicer to keep it clean in between making juices.
- Ceado CP150 cold-press juicer will be a great addition to your juice bar equipment line-up designed for on-demand service and bottled juice. It also processes wheatgrass shots that many juice bar customers like to add to their daily juice or smoothie. Nuts can also be inserted.
- Ceado SL98 is the most popular automatic citrus juicer on the market today. It is a tireless workhorse requiring minimal effort to operate and maintain. The two interchangeable reamers are designed to gently squeeze citrus fruit of any size without removing the bitter parts of the rind.
- JuiceMatic Plus JM20 is ideal for making fresh citrus juice in volume. It will process 20 fruit per minute, up to 3 1/2 inches (oranges, lemons and limes), yielding 270-280 oz. per case, depending on the quality of the juicing fruit. The hopper which holds up to 40 lbs, has a rotating disc that will transport the fruit to the processing head. Parts are easy to remove for cleaning; no tools required.
- Vitamix Touch and Go Blender to quickly and easily make smoothies, frappes, ice cream drinks and frozen cocktails. Optimized with 34 programs engineered to provide consistent results quickly and easily.
- Juicernet EZ Power Cleaner will remove your juicer's toughest stains. Excellent for removing carrot, turmeric and other tough stains on your juicer basket. 4lb container.
- Nicole Loomis
Finding the Right Commercial Juicer for your Business
If you speak to one of our juice equipment experts one of the first two questions you might be asked is what are you juicing and what is your volume. Determining the right juicer for your business will depend upon the answers to these two important questions. It is a challenge if you are just looking to start a juice bar because you might not know what you are going to juice or how much in a day.
What type of juice will you be serving?
Many new to the juice industry are surprised to find out there are so many different juicers on the market to juice different fruits and vegetables. If you are serving a mostly citrus juice you would not want to use a fruit and vegetable juicer. You will get a higher yield, better taste as well with a much easier process by juicing with a commercial citrus juicer. The fruit is sliced in half and then the juice is pressed out. If you were to use a centrifugal machine you would have to peel the orange, lemon, or lime before juicing. The basket would also likely need to be cleaned more due to the build up from the citrus fruits.
What is your daily volume?
How many juices will you be serving on a daily basis will help determine which juicer you should purchase. We have two different options for fruit and vegetable juicers, the Ceado ES500 and the Ceado ES700. The ES500 has a smaller basket and is better suited for low to medium volume juice bars. If you are going to have a busy, high volume shop than we would recommend the ES700 commercial juicer.
- Nicole Loomis
8 ways to protect stainless steel
Cleaning and care maintenance is a crucial part of keeping your stainless steel equipment in tip-top shape. Most often, corrosion and rust is a result of the passivity film shield breaking down from scrapes, scratches, water deposits, or chlorides. Take note of these stainless steel care methods to keep rust and corrosion at bay:
1. Use the proper tools
- Non-abrasive tools, like soft cloths and plastic scouring pads
- Stainless steel pads (scrub in direction of polishing marks)
2. Clean with the polish lines or “grain”
- Scrub in a motion parallel to the lines when visible lines are present
- Use a soft cloth or plastic scouring pad when grain cannot be seen
3. Use alkaline, alkaline chlorinated or non-chloride containing cleaners
- Ask your supplier for an alternative if your present cleaner contains chlorides
- Avoid cleaners containing quaternary salts to avoid pitting and rusting
4. Treat your water
- Reduce deposits by softening hard water
- Install filters to remove distasteful and corrosive elements
- Call a treatment specialist to insure proper water treatment
See more cleaning methods at the NAFEM website.
- Bonnie Mulligan
Fall Detox Recipe
If you are looking for a way to cleanse your system as the holiday season begins; you will want to try this cleanse made up of the following seasonal produce: cranberries, apples, pears, and beets. Cranberries are known for their antioxidant capabilities and their ability to fight off infectious diseases. Apples and pears are also a heart healthy addition to this detox with LDL cholesterol lowering capabilities and they aid in digestion. Beets are known for helping cleanse the body cleansing your blood and providing the body with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
¾ cups of Cranberries
1 cup of spinach
1 bunch of celery
- Juice the ingredients into the juicer at a slow pace.
- Use a utensil to mix the juice before serving.
This recipe should make one to two servings of fresh juice. If you are looking to make this recipe we recommend the Ceado ES-500 fruit and vegetable juicer.
- Bonnie Mulligan
Ceado products are crafted in Venice, Italy
A company that started in Venice.
Ceado was founded by Egidio Girardi when he took the art of making coffee grinders to a new level of fine Italian craftmanship. Ceado designs and makes all of their products in Italy and exports them around the world.
Ceado meets their worldwide demands by maintaining the well-organized production systems put into place by the founders.
Ceado has a firm commitment to the baristas and juice shop workers that use their products and are always innovating to make the experience better.
- Nicole Loomis